[luatex] Luatex primitive names

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Mar 11 11:49:34 CET 2009

Martin Schröder a écrit :
> 2009/3/11, Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>:
>> LuaTeX 0.25 is part of TL 2008, thus it will be significantly present
>>  some time, probably years, if not decades.
>
> Hopefully not.

It will. Some services widely-used by mathematicians, such as ArXiv, still use
teTeX2, and some universities do so. People (esp. sysadmin) don't upgrade their
TeX system as frequently as we TeXies could wish. This is a fact.

> Anyway, it's free software, so anybody can maintain it.
> But please don't ask the luatex team to care about it.

Nobody wants to maintain an old version of LuaTeX. But a lot of macro writers
want to be able do deal with them, and are asking the for a reliable way to do it.

Manuel.