[luatex] Luatex primitive names

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Mar 10 13:18:18 CET 2009

Oliver Heins wrote:
> Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> writes:
>
>> Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>>> I think that \luatexversion should be enabled by default.
>> for a short while we considered it but it contradicts the fact that we
>> want to start up as tex82 and settled on only \directlua
>
> If so, you should consider reopening Issue 0000161: \outer has no effect.

Maybe so, seeing that Knuth's documentation about \outer insists that
it does something useful (I am not so sure about that myself: how
many users of latex/context do you believe could, after reading that
error, actually understand it, and fix their input document or macro
correspondingly?).

Generally speaking, however, we feel that we are free to make changes in
areas where tex82 would generate an error. We feel that such a level of
backward compatibility would really be silly to maintain.

Best wishes,
Taco