[luatex] macros to invoke lua in LaTeX

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Mar 4 09:42:07 CET 2009

Elie Roux wrote:
> Taco Hoekwater a écrit :
>> You could also consider just using \directlua, like so:
>>
>>   \def\directlua{\directlua0}
>>
>> The multi-state support will be marked deprecated in 0.40 and removed
>> in 0.50.
>
> I didn't know that, it will prevent me from doing unnecessary code!

you couldn't -) we discussed it last week en-route

there is not much advantage in multiple lua engines because they cannot
share data (unless we use very inefficient mechanisms) and all action
with regards to tex takes place in instance 0 anyway

because a directlua call is re-entrant there is not that much need for
multiple instances any more