[luatex] macros to invoke lua in LaTeX

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue Mar 3 22:32:15 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm stabilizing a luatextra package. I can do most of the things by
myself, but there is something that should be validated by someone else:
the name of the wrapper for \directlua0. In ConTeXt it's \ctxlua, but in
luatextra (that will be for both plain and LaTeX) I can't find a perfect
name, and I think it would be a bad idea to change it later, as a lot of
people will use it. The aim of this macro is to allow package writers to
invoke lua code with a small macro, so I thought \pkglua would be good,
but it doesn't start by \lua... Do you think it would be good anyway?

Should I provide a \lua macro that invokes \directlua0, to be used by
users? I was also thinking about a \luastate macro that would be a
wrapper for \directlua to write in some states...

Thank you in advance,
--
Elie