[luatex] Help with kpse_init=false needed

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jun 23 09:59:11 CEST 2009

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> -- all other find_..._file callbacks are omitted here in the mail
>
> It could be the DVI "output_comment" feature, but I won't know for
> sure unless you send me the lua file to try it myself.

Partick sent me the files off list. The problem is not any variable,
but the openin paranoia check from kpathsea that sneaked back in.

This means that besides all the finders, you also need to add the
open callback for (at least) regular input files:

callback.register('open_read_file',
  function(asked_name)
     texio.write_nl("hello from open_read_file\n")
     local tab = { }
     tab.file = io.open(asked_name)
     tab.reader = function (t)
                     local f = t.file