[luatex] lualatex fails with fontfile named in utf8

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Jun 10 14:47:27 CEST 2009

Dohyun Kim wrote:
> 2009년 6월 10일 (수) 오후 8:47에 Taco Hoekwater<taco at elvenkind.com>님이 작성:
>>
>> Dohyun Kim wrote:
>>> By the way, before releasing 0.40.5,
>>> would you please fix the bug related to alignment?
>> Trunk (#2470) nor 0.40.4 crash here., so you will
>> have to post some more information and/or a log file
>> (plain tex is best for me).
>
> $ luatex alignment
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.41.0-2009061020 (Web2C 2009)
> (alignment.tex <luatex-fonts-merged.lua> <luatex-fonts.lua loaded in 0.024 seco
> 세그멘테이션 오류
>
> the last line in Korean language means "Segmentation fault".
> and log file is empty.
>
> Without the alignment code, tex file compiles ok.
>
> Maybe, this problem could be platform dependent.
> I am on my linux box, debian testing (aka. squeeze) and
> hardware is apple macbook i386 core2 cpu.
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux debian 2.6.29.4.nomos #1 SMP Thu May 21 18:17:53 KST 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> I am afraid it would be quite difficult to find the cause the problem.

Have you tried regenerating the format file ? For trunk, that often
matters, because the version number detection does not always work
properly.

Other than that, the only advise I can give is to run a debugging
build of luatex via the C debugger to check where it crashes.
(For that, you need to build a binary with ./build.sh --nostrip )

Best wishes,
Taco