[luatex] lualatex fails with fontfile named in utf8

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Wed Jun 10 10:06:18 CEST 2009

Am Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:45:41 +0200 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> Hi Dohyun Kim,
>
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>
>> How can I create this lualatex format, for testing?
>
> I just did a small test with plain luatex (luatex \&plain,
> to be exact), and it has no problem with loading either
> 나눔고딕.tex or 나눔고딕.tfm (a rename of cmr10.tfm),
> nor does it report gibberish if either of these cannot
> be found, so it looks like this is a latex-specific thing.
>
> Perhaps it is re-encoding the file names internally somehow?

My first guess would be \nfss at catcodes which reset a lot of catcodes
before reading the font name:

\def\DeclareFontShape{\begingroup
   \nfss at catcodes
   \expandafter\endgroup
   \DeclareFontShape@}

It is defined as

\def\nfss at catcodes{%
     \makeatletter
     \catcode`\ 9%
     \catcode`\^^I9%
     \catcode`\^^M9%
     \catcode`\\\z@
     \catcode`\{\@ne
     \catcode`\}\tw@
     \catcode`\#6%
     \catcode`\^7%
     \catcode`\%14%
   \@makeother\<%
   \@makeother\>%
   \@makeother\*%
   \@makeother\.%
   \@makeother\-%
   \@makeother\/%
   \@makeother\[%
   \@makeother\]%
   \@makeother\`%
   \@makeother\'%
   \@makeother\"%
}

But as I have neither an utf8-font, nor the newest luatex currently
I can't try.

--
Ulrike Fischer