[luatex] Interactive use: texput glitch

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Jul 17 02:44:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

I sometimes run *tex interactively for quick tests, and just noticed the
following glitch: if the first line of input writes to the log, luatex tries to
open '.log' (which will fail with the default setting of web2c/texlive, btw).
pdfTeX and vanilla TeX get it right (see below).

I think it's quite harmless, but still report in case you'd like to fix it.

Manuel.

mpg at roth:~% luatex
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.42.0-2009071700
 restricted \write18 enabled.
**\errmessage{oops}
luatex: Not writing to .log (openout_any = p).
! I can't write on file `.log'.Please type another transcript file name: !
Emergency stop!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

mpg at roth:~% pdftex
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
**\errmessage{oops}
entering extended mode
! oops.