[luatex] lua-inputenc

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue Feb 17 10:30:37 CET 2009

Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> Commands comparable to \XeTeXinputencoding and \XeTeXdefaultencoding
> would be very useful, and it would be fine if your package would
> provide them. But your try to protect users to have to declare or
> change the encoding of their files is at my opinion bound to fail
> and a dead end.

Once again, this package is made for backward compatibility. It may
fail, but at least I'm trying, and I truely think my package has already
improved backward compatibility a lot. Of course we are not at 100% yet,
far from it maybe, but we are not at 0% anymore, and a lot of old
document will work in TeXLive 2009 (if my package is integrated). Think
what you want, but I still don't think what I made is useless.

If you want to have a package that does fancy things with encodings,
please go on, fork my code, it's in the public domain! This may work,
but I still think it will be useless because new users will use UTF-8...
--
Elie