[luatex] lua-inputenc

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Feb 15 11:10:04 CET 2009

Javier Bezos <listas at tex-tipografia.com> wrote:

> Will wrote:
>
> >> I have written a first version of the inputenc package for LuaTeX
> >
> > What's the relationship between
> >    latex/exptl/lualatex/lua-inputenc
> > and
> >    luatex/latex/lua-inputenc/
> > ?
>
> That's misleading, because actually it's not the first version.

it's the first version elie's written, i guess.

> Since I'm very busy and Elie showed interest in working on it,
> I tell the CTAN Team he would become the  maintainer, but it
> seems Elie has missed pointing this out...

it might have been good if we had added to the upload announcement a
note to the effect that the new version supersedes yours; but i'm the
only ctan maintainer who reads the luatex list, and elie uploaded to
jim's machine (most people do...), and jim didn't spot the issue,
whereas i might have.

the new location was _our_ decision (elie asked us where we should put
the revised package).

as far as the ctan catalogue is concerned, you're listed as an "earlier"
author who's no longer working on the package.

robin