[luatex] using (pdf)lualatex

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Mon Feb 2 11:18:34 CET 2009

Yue Wang a écrit :
> In China we suggest users use xetex instead of luatex since luatex's
> latex support is too immature (especially for the lack of a fontspec
> equivalent) and no one is willing to make a latex package for luatex
> since the manual contains too much buzzwords. The luatex api is all
> greek to ordinary macro developers.

Not really in the thread, but it's a good occasion:

I spoke with Karl Berry, Will Robertson and other developers, and I
think things are moving in this area. We'll try to adapt fontspec and
also to get a minimal LuaTeX support integrated into the LaTeX format of
TeXLive 2009. Other things to do are adapting inputenc (the same way
XeTeX will do, this work will be common) and fontenc, and to get
multiple callbacks.

The latex-l list doesn't seem apropriate to have these discussions. I
know LuaTeX developers are the same as ConTeXt developers, but would it
be possible to discuss of LuaTeX+LaTeX on this list?
--
Elie