[luatex] using fea files in plain TeX

Dohyun Kim nomosnomos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 12:28:13 CEST 2009

2009/7/11 Dohyun Kim <nomosnomos at gmail.com>:

> 2.
> This tex file fails as well:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \input luatex-fonts
> \DeclareFontEncoding{EU1}{}{}
> \DeclareErrorFont{EU1}{lmr}{m}{n}{10}
> \DeclareFontSubstitution{EU1}{lmr}{m}{n}
> \def\encodingdefault{EU1}
> \def\rmdefault{lmr}
> \def\sfdefault{lmss}
> \def\ttdefault{lmtt}
> \begin{document}
> \ttfamily\bfseries
> \end{document}

> I modified "define_font" callback.register function
> similarly to the following:
>
> callback.register('define_font',function(name,size,id)
>    local fontdata = fonts.define.read(name,size,id) -- by hans
>    if type(fontdata) == "table" then
>        fontdata.name = name -- ttfamily/bfseries
>    end
>    return fontdata
> end)

Hi,
Sorry for reviving so old a thread.

While watching video of Jin-Hwan Cho's presentation in TUG 2009
( http://river-valley.tv/category/conferences/typesetting/tug2009/ ),
I realized that the approach I mentioned in previous email was bad.
So today I hacked latex's NFSS code, rather than hooking on lua callback.

\def\do at subst@correction{%
  \global\expandafter\let\csname \curr at fontshape/\f at size
    \expandafter\endcsname\font at name
  \expandafter\aftergroup\csname \curr at fontshape/\f at size\endcsname
}

After applying this code, latex's font substitution scheme and
luatex-plain's lua code seem to be able to coexist quite well,
giving dvi output with proper font name.

Best Regards,
Dohyun Kim