[luatex] trunk fixes

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sat Aug 8 17:51:48 CEST 2009

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009, Vafa Khalighi wrote:

> "with luatex having RTL tables is quite easy because I could have
> \pagedir TRT and automatically tables becomes RTL. but sometimes we
> actually are writing LTR and we need to have a section which takes
> about say 2/3 of the page and it is RTL. So having \pagedir TRT does
> not make sense in this case. Is there any primitive avaliable in
> LuaTeX that makes tabular RTL? I can do it with macros like what I
> have done in XeTeX but I think having a primitive that makes tabular
> RTL would help a lot. What do you think?"

there are also \pardir and \textdir, and you can give a box an internal
direction, like:

\pagewidth=210mm \pageheight=297mm
\nopagenumbers

\pagedir TLT \bodydir TLT \pardir TLT \textdir TLT

\input tufte

\line{\hfill\vbox dir TRT{\halign{#\unskip\hfill&#\unskip\hfill\cr
aasfdkljal fjklsdjl & 1      \cr
xxx                 & asdflk \cr
}}\hfill}

\input tufte