[luatex] trunk fixes

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sat Aug 8 18:22:13 CEST 2009

On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 07:03:46PM +1000, Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> Today I compiled luatex from trunk and the bugs with RTL mode are fixed. I
> would like to thank Taco and other members of the luatex team from the bottom
> of my heart. But the issue that I reported about beamer with Warsaw theme,
> still exists, hopefully that will get fixed soon. I just wanted to ask you
> something and that is:
>
> "with luatex having RTL tables is quite easy because I could have \pagedir TRT
> and automatically tables becomes RTL. but sometimes we actually are writing LTR
> and we need to have a section which takes about say 2/3 of the page and it is
> RTL. So having \pagedir TRT does not make sense in this case. Is there any
> primitive avaliable in LuaTeX that makes tabular RTL? I can do it with macros
> like what I have done in XeTeX but I think having a primitive that makes
> tabular RTL would help a lot. What do you think?"

You can switch page and body dir in the middle of the page, this works
for me:

Page dir is: \the\pagedir\ and body dir is \the\bodydir.\par
\pagedir TRT\bodydir TRT
Page dir is: \the\pagedir\ and body dir is \the\bodydir.
\bye

But I don't know if this is supported behaviour.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny