[luatex] ini files for TL 2009

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sat Apr 18 10:20:03 CEST 2009

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard a écrit :
> So what exactly is the point of tex.enableprimitives() and hiding
> primitives in
> the first place?

I think the point is to allow luatex to replace pdfetex as the default
engine... In this case you cannot provide unprefixed primitives by default.

Let's take an example: someone has a package incompatible with LuaTeX
primitives, and LuaTeX has replaced pdfTeX. Two cases:

 - if he wants to use LuaTeX, he will type 'luatex', and will get the
extra primitives, breaking his package. Or, with your system, he will
load luatextra.sty (or luainputenc.sty that loads luatextra.sty) that
will load the primitives, and break his package. In both cases the
system is broken and he'll have to change his files.

 - if he is like 90% of the users and doesn't want to change the files
he created years ago, he'll use pdftex (which is in fact LuaTeX without
the extra primitives), and won't load luatextra.sty, so his files won't
be broken.

So I'm still in favor of enabling the extra primitives in the program
luatex.

Thank you,
--
Elie