[luatex] Vital RTL issues in LuaTeX

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Apr 10 13:33:45 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:17:59AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Yannis Haralambous wrote:
> > Le 10 avr. 09 à 10:30, Taco Hoekwater a écrit :
> >
> >> First, somebody has to come up with a 100% correct definition of
> >> "correct format".
> >
> > in fact this is part of the bidi algorithm (numbers are directionally
> > weak characters)
>
> Last I know is that Arthur was working on implementing the bidi
> algorithm in lua code :)

Well, Hans has some code (in typo-mir.{tex,lua}), it does work but not
complete, might want to take that code and complete it, or of course
write a different implementation.

Currently, I'm using some python code, adapted from another project, as
an external OCP, it works for simple cases but don't handle explicit
BiDi marks and so, and is slow like hell. If any one interested I can
post it some where.

Regards,
 Khaled

--