[luatex] Vital RTL issues in LuaTeX

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Apr 10 11:26:13 CEST 2009

وفا خلیقی>
> I do not understand after all what you mean by the ``100% correct
> definition of "correct format"''.

Even assuming the unicode bidi algorithm, someone still has to
define how the algorithm interacts with tex control sequences
and font processing. For example, how does the algorithm interact
with right braces ?

>     Second, this should be coded in a lua node processing step or as an
>     otp (these still work).
>
> I do not think so. But you are the developer and you have got the final
> say. I am at least happy that you have accepted the issue.

I am most certainly not going to implement anything in C until there
is a fully working version implemented in pure lua or as otp(s).

Best wishes,
Taco