[luatex] Vital RTL issues in LuaTeX

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Apr 10 10:30:33 CEST 2009

وفا خلیقی wrote:
> Right, but still xetex uses etex.

But all the RTL work is done by the ICU, afaik, anyway, not that
important. You clearly meant xetex, not pdfetex.

> XB Zar is open type, it is not AAT.

sorry, I see that now (but in my defense, it seems to do a bit of
aat as well).

> Let's look at at this way,:
>
> 1-\rightline should stand for \rightline and \leftline should stand for
> \leftline

\def\leftline#1{\hbox dir TLT to \hsize{#1\hss}}
\def\rightline#1{\hbox dir TLT to \hsize{\hss#1}}

> 2- numbers should be printed in the correct format

First, somebody has to come up with a 100% correct definition of
"correct format". For example, is "3.5" section five in chapter three,
or section three in chapter five?

Second, this should be coded in a lua node processing step or as an
otp (these still work).

Best wishes,
Taco