[luatex] Vital RTL issues in LuaTeX

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Apr 10 09:14:56 CEST 2009

وفا خلیقی wrote:
> This is a test file compiled in XeTeX. Let me say that if I do not use a
> font in this test file in XeTeX, the number (21=twenty one) is printed
> (12=twelve), but if I use a font, then this is done correctly as attached
> pdf output while in LuaTeX if you declare a font or you dont, in both cases
> you get the number in the wrong direction (get 12=twelve instead 21=twenty
> one)

Sorry, but this gives me almost nothing to work with.

First, this test file is not *etex*, but *xetex* input. Maybe you meant
that earlier also, but please be more precise about these things, as
etex and xetex  are quite different from eachother.

Second, the font is not OpenType, it is an AAT font.

Third, it looks like the output relies on  font- or icu processing.
I can't explain why the latin words are LR otherwise.

Best wishes,
Taco