[luatex] otf fonts (ligatures, cache, etc.)

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Apr 8 15:55:14 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 09:37:28AM +0200, Elie Roux wrote:
> وفا خلیقی a écrit :
>> This also can be done in luafontspec, like when you say
>> \setmainfont[<opyions>]{font}, automatically luafontspec all that and
>> there is no need to declare the bold, italic and etc. I think it is
>> noq possible to modify fonstpec so that we can use it in LuaTeX.
>
> I don't really understand... do you mean that you already have a
> luafontspec? What I meant was:
>
> if you have LinLibertine_Re-4.4.1.otf and LinLibertine_Bd-4.1.0.otf
> (well, let's forget the version numbers...), installed somewhere, there
> must be a mechanism that says
>
> "for the LinLibertine font, the regular variant is called
> LinLibertine_Re.otf and the bold variant is called LinLibertine_Bd.otf"
>
> A kind of global fd file... Is this what you're working on?

IMHO, a better way is to build a font database by scanning system font
directories and querying each font for its name and style, style names
are usually standardised; regular, medium, bold, italic, oblique etc...
As the font already contain such info, I see no reason to hardcode it.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny