[luatex] otf fonts (ligatures, cache, etc.)

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Apr 7 22:55:17 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 09:09:30PM +0200, Elie Roux wrote:
> Khaled Hosny a écrit :
>> Hope this helps,
>
> It does, really! When I tried, I took as few ConTeXt code as possible,
> and I added some files when they were needed, but this approach was
> wrong. Now with your code I'll try the opposite: I'll try to reduce the
> code not to depend too much on ConTeXt files. But as the ConTeXt files
> will continue to evolve with LuaTeX, what I'll try to do is to let the
> ConTeXt files unchanged in the package, so that upgrades with new
> ConTeXt code are easy. When things will start to stabilize, I'll adapt
> them more.

I'm sorry, I think I wasn't clear and assumed that you follow ConTeXt
announcement. Yesterday, Hans announced a new beta[1] where he seperated
the font and OpenType related code so that is can be used with plain.
All what I did is:

$ for i in $(grep -o -e "'.*.\.lua'" luatex-fonts.lua | sed -e "s/'//g");
do cp /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/$i .; done

and tar bzipped the files, with minor modification to the test file,
nothing to be credited for.

> Also, an interesting point is the cid files: they won't be in TeXLive,
> will they? Just to know if I can remove the loading of font-cid.lua.

I don't know much about cid files, but I think it is important for east
asian fonts, even if it isn't part of TeXLive, users are no more bound
to special TeX fonts.

[1] http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2009/039710.html

Regards,
 Khaled