[luatex] otf fonts (ligatures, cache, etc.)

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Apr 7 17:52:48 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 09:12:46AM +0200, Elie Roux wrote:
> Khaled Hosny a écrit :
>> Just out of curiosity, is this related to the new luatex-font code that
>> Hans released today, or a different implementation?
>>

> I tried to take ConTeXt implementation, but now I'm taking the basis of
> Arthur's code to implement new things, it's way more interesting for me,
> as it makes me understand a lot of things.

Good luck then :)

Though, I'm not very keen to the idea of having to different OpenType
implementation. I know that OpenType is a complex ill-documented
standard, not to mention broken fonts, that it took ConTeXt team lots of
time and effort to come with a working implementation.
IMHO, it would have been better to save the effort of redoing all this
work from scratch, and better work on consolidating the code and making
sure it behaves well with LaTeX and plain, and providing a nice LaTeX
interface to it.

Just my two cents.

Regards,
 Khaled