[lltx] Pre-built format at microtype

Robert w.m.l at gmx.net
Thu May 19 03:20:41 CEST 2016

> On 18/05/2016 20:27, Henrik Mannerström wrote:
>> But what is different with microtype? Other packages, for example
>> mathtools, amssymb, xfrac, babel and graphicx work fine.

The difference to these packages is that they don't load a lua file. You
would run into similar problems for example with pgf or luacolor, or
even if you only try to select a new font, because fontspec is crippled too.

On 18.05.16 21:32, Joseph Wright wrote:
> \dump saves the *TeX* state to the .fmt file, but not the Lua state. One
> can arrange (using bytecode) to save Lua fragments into a format but
> this is not really a general solution. Thus Lua code has to be loaded
> \everyjob. That's fine provided it's expected, but LaTeX packages tend
> to be designed on the assumption that they will be loaded 'live'. (In
> l3kernel we do allow for user dumps, but this is not perhaps everyone's
> priority.)

So, in your opinion, is there anything that packages can/should be doing
in this respect?

Best,
--
  Robert