[lltx] [luatex] towards non-standard hyphenation support in LuaTeX

Taco Hoekwater taco at docwolves.nl
Mon Jan 27 13:28:06 CET 2014

Hi Stephan,

On 01/26/2014 06:39 PM, Stephan Hennig wrote:

> Prospectively, I hope that LuaTeX gets means to apply more than one type
> of patterns and custom manipulations to a node list built-in so that
> this package renders superfluous.

Having a built-in could defeat its own purpose, depending on what it
actually has to do. You want to keep the special lua code anyway, so
there could be a lot of going back and forth between C and lua, which
is not the best in terms of efficiency (put mildly). OTOH, I can imagine
a helper function that somehow produces the words & associated language
of a node list, and that may be helpful, I do not know?

Best wishes,
Taco