[lltx] luaotfload-database.lua

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri May 24 01:18:22 CEST 2013

Hi,
I'm not familiar with the new version of luaotfload at all, but there
is one thing which looks strange in luaotfload-database.lua at a first
glance:

    if os_type == "windows" or os_type == "msdos" then
        --- ms platfom specific stuff
        path_normalize = function (path)
            path = stringgsub(path, '\\', '/')
            path = stringlower(path)
            path = stringgsub(path, '^/cygdrive/(%a)/', '%1:/')

I assume that neither Windows nor MS-DOG are aware of /cygdrive.

And as far as Cygwin is concerned, though it's clearly a Unix system,
it makes sense to scan both, the standard Unix font directories
(/usr/[local/]share/fonts) as well as /cygdrive/c/windows/fonts .

It seems that only the latter is supported though Cygwin users expect
that Unix font directories are supported in the first place.

Admittedly, I looked into the code a few minutes ago for the first
time and don't have enough time to investigate further today, but I
think that it can't hurt to mention my observations.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25