[lltx] luaotfload bug

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon May 20 14:07:40 CEST 2013

Howdy,

Yesterday I reported a bug where luaotfload threw an error if TEXMFHOME was already created on the mactex list. Karl suggested that I should have reported the problem to this list and said that the problem had been corrected.

After today's update luaotfload no longer throws an error and crashes but rather presents the message

(/usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaotfload/luaotfload-merged.lua)
quiting: fix your writable cache pathFailure to make 'lucidaot.pdf'

instead.

This is still incorrect behavior compared to previous years and the behavior of pdftex, e.g., if it needs to build a font from mf source on the fly. The correct behavior is to create TEXMFHOME on the fly.

Please reply to me directly since I'm not a member of the list.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)