[lltx] luatexbase-loader having problems with symbolic links

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Sat Aug 3 12:20:58 CEST 2013

Hi,

I’m working under Linux and use TeXlive 2013, which contains
luatexbase-loader v0.6 from 11 May 2013.

I have some symbolic links under $TEXMFHOME/tex/latex that point to
directories that contain LaTeX packages. Usually, I can import these
packages without problems using \usepackage. However when I import
luatexbase-loader, then import of the abovementioned local packages
isn’t possible anymore.

For example, let’s assume that I have two packages called abc and xyz
under directories linked to from $TEXMFHOME/tex/latex. Consider the
following LaTeX source:

    \documentclass{article}

    \usepackage{abc}
    \usepackage{luatexbase-loader}
    \usepackage{xyz}

    \begin{document}

    \ldots

    \end{document}

Processing this source with LuaLaTeX gives me the following error
message:

    ! LaTeX Error: File `xyz.sty' not found.

Could this problem maybe be fixed?

Best wishes,
Wolfgang