[lltx] spell checking TeX files

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Thu Oct 4 18:04:03 CEST 2012

Am 03.10.2012 22:15, schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> FWIW, you can also look at how ConTeXt implements the on the fly spell
> checking:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Spellchecker
>
> The implementation details are in lang-wrd.mkiv.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer!  I knew the wiki page, but didn't find
the code.  Looking at lang-wrd.lua, I can barely see any comments.  Is
there any code documentation somewhere?

BTW, the ConTeXt way of spell checking is exactly how I wouldn't do it.
 A static white list doesn't work too well for, e.g., the German
language.  And colouring words doesn't work well in colourful documents,
e.g., presentations.  A red wavy line is a quasi standard in text
processors and is much closer to the way errors are marked by hand
(usually by a plain red line in Germany).  Well, since underlining is
much harder to implement than text colouring, I'll likely start with the
text colouring, too. :)

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig