[lltx] mixing two hyphenation patterns

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Sun Mar 18 09:22:55 CET 2012

Hi there,

I need to mix in a document English and ancient Greek hyphenation
patters. I know that this is possible with LuaTeX, since ConTeXt MkIV is
able to do it ("\setuplanguage[en][patterns={us,agr}] ").

A basic sample would be:

\documentclass[11pt]{book}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Theano Didot}
\begin{document}
Default hyphenation is English (fine for me).
I need to hyphenate χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά (ancient Greek also).
\end{document}

Just in case you wonder, the text is a kind of critical edition (an
original Plato text with vocabulary and grammar comments) with lots of
English-Greek language switching (so avoiding to tag any language would
be extremely helpful).

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--