[lltx] luaotfload update

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Oct 17 10:19:48 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 05:12:18PM +1030, Will Robertson wrote:
> On 17/10/2011, at 3:54 AM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
>
> > Now the main issue holding the new release is the removed tlig and trep
> > feature, I'm still not sure what to do here.
>
> Sorry, I've been away and unable to look into this.
>
> Could we provide a feature-file including the standard TeX ligatures
> and use that?

I think we can have a feature file for that, it would even include all
scripts recognised by fontspec so it can work regardless of the chosen
script.

> Is it possible to use more than a single .fea file to construct the
> additional OpenType information? Even if not, it's not the end of the
> world, as XeTeX "mapping" files can only be applied single-y and that
> hasn't been a big impediment.

`featurefile` (should) accept a coma-separated list of files, but this
does not work now. I think I found a fix, though.

> Otherwise (if all that would be a bad idea for some reason), it would
> be nice to take the code that implemented tlig and trep and use it
> somehow in fontspec, but I'm afraid that's outside what I could
> possibly do in the near term...

The problem with such code is that it tend to depend too much on the
internals of ConTeXt font loading code, that why I'm reluctant to
extract it from ConTeXt and maintaining it separately.