[lltx] luaotfload update

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Oct 17 05:42:27 CEST 2011

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 10:47:50PM +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Am 16.10.2011 um 20:56 schrieb Khaled Hosny:
>
> > On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 07:31:39PM +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> >> Hi Khaled,
> >>
> >> thanks again very much for your work on luaotfload. It's very useful.
> >>
> >> At least one question remains: are there any changes regarding type1
> >> fonts? If they are not supported: do you think that a patch will break
> >> the compatibility with Hans' code?
> >
> > I think it is fairly isolated, you need to define a type1 reader
> > function:
> >
> > fonts.formats.pfb = "pfb"
> > function fonts.readers.pfb(specification)
> >   -- process specification
> >   -- load the font and process it
> >   -- may be apply an afm file
> >   return tfmtable
> > end
>

> OK, that's cool. I think I can cook something up. Probably "unstable"
> at the beginning but better than nothing. I already have font loader
> for type1 fonts here (without ligatures yet).

I hacked up a quick type1 reader that used the existing opentype reader.
Works fine except there is a small bug in the opentype reader which sets
the units_per_em to 0 if it is not set.

The font names indexer need to be extended to index type1 fonts as well
(should be just teaching it a couple more extensions to look for).