[lltx] luaotfload update

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Oct 6 16:47:29 CEST 2011

Am Thu, 6 Oct 2011 16:11:03 +0200 schrieb Khaled Hosny:

>>> But now lualatex hangs.

>>> ! LuaTeX error
>>> ...tex/khaledhosny-luaotfload-226aa58/otfl-font-map.lua:188: att
>>> empt to index local 'unicodevector' (a nil value).
>>> <to be read again>
>>
>> Well I found the error: the missing table it defined in
>> otfl-font-enc.lua by loading font-age.lua. This file is not in
>> luaotfload. When I copied the file from the context (without
>> renaming it!) luaotfload worked again. I guess you have an
>> font-age.lua from your (working) context.
>
> Right, it was using the file from TeXlive, should I include a copy of
> that file? (I don't want to patch otfl-fonts-enc.lua, so font-age.lua
> won't be renamed).

Well it is needed so users without context must have a chance to get
it. At least there should be a test and a warning if the file is
missing - I doubt that many miktex or texlive users would know what
to do when suddenly confronted with a lua prompt - I do have quite
good nerves but got a bit shocked nevertheless :-).

I know that two versions of a file at different locations could be
problematic, but as the file in question is only a sort of database
and each format will find its version first I don't think that there
is much danger.

--
Ulrike Fischer