[lltx] luaotfload update

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 08:48:03 CEST 2011

On 06/10/2011, at 5:10 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> Hans keeps those two IIRC because em and en dashes are hard to
> distinguish in monospaced fonts while editing, but even those are not
> supported now in luaotfload as I stated earlier.

Frankly, this is crazy. LuaLaTeX *cannot* drop support entirely for these features. There have been countless requests for how these should be activated in the XeTeX mailing list, even after that feature was implemented there. Can't we just keep the old code lying around?

Otherwise, XeTeX supports these features with its Unicode input mapping feature -- what are the chances this could be written with a Lua callback? It's a useful feature in itself, and the big reason polyglossia is currently XeTeX-only.

-- Will