[lltx] \scantokens differs between LaTeX and plain?

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Tue Nov 15 16:50:27 CET 2011

Paul Isambert wrote:
> Le 15/11/2011 12:02, Will Robertson a écrit :
>> On 15/11/2011, at 7:48 PM, Arno Trautmann wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone have an idea what's going on? In what point does LuaLaTeX
>>> differ from the other formats? And is it a bug or a feature? I
>>> guessed it could be related to fonts as that is the only thing that
>>> seems to be different in the formats; however, Will Robertson stated
>>> on texhax:
>> I did? I have no memory of this :)
>
> Actually, that was me. How Arno confused an Australian member of the
> LaTeX team with a French plain TeX user is anybody's guess :)

Yes, I'm really sorry! It was a good answer that showed in-depth
understandig of LaTeX and was from someone I exchanged mails with
personally. That could only be Will. Was it about plain, I would have
written your [Paul's] name ;)

>> I don't see how this can be anything else but a bug, not that I
>> understand what the code is supposed to be doing.
>
> The code isn't supposed to do anything meaningful except show a bug.
> I've tried (not much) to tinker with formats, removing this from
> LuaLaTeX and adding that to plain TeX to try to spot what made the
> difference, but I had no success.

Same here. Seems to be a mystery … maybe some special code Tako built in
to manipulate LaTeX?

cheers
Arno