[lltx] lmodern loading in format

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 05:05:03 CEST 2011

On 26/05/2011, at 4:33 AM, Arno Trautmann wrote:

> In my opinion, it doesn't feel right to have to load a package
> (fontspec, as it loads lmodern) just to see diacritics on latin letters
> – so I wanted to ask, if it might be possible to consider loading the
> lmodern OpenType font by default instead of falling back to cmr?

I'm afraid that it's simply not feasible to have lualatex load packages that will affect its default layout. The luatextra package should help to reduce the number required.

LaTeX is what it is, warts and all, with its myriad of packages that must be loaded. I don't think it's a big concern to have a standard preamble that includes a few of them. (I mean, you can make the same argument for hyperref, memoir, biblatex, and all sorts. It's not just fonts for which this is a problem.)

-- Will