[lltx] font loading problem with Arno Pro (Adobe font)

Alexandre Krispin k.m.alexandre at gmail.com
Sun May 1 18:31:33 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have a problem when I load the font Arno Pro. When compiling a document
with lualatex, it takes anormally a long time and a lot of memory. I don't
know exactly what type of information you need, so the following are what I
think is relevant to get help from you :

   - Here is a minimal example :

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{luatextra}
\setmainfont{Arno Pro}
\begin{document}
    test
\end{document}

   - I use the following version of lualatex :

$lualatex --v
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.66.0-2011041219

   - My system is Fedora (GNU/Linux), and use the latest version of TeXlive
   2010, with official updates of TeXlive and other updates from TLContrib (
   http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/usage.html).

   - In my .profile file I have the following lines which you might find
   relevant to show you :

PATH=/usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/x86_64-linux:$PATH; export PATH
MANPATH=/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf/doc/man:$MANPATH; export MANPATH
INFOPATH=/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf/doc/info:$INFOPATH; export INFOPATH

export OSFONTDIR="/usr/local/share/fonts;$HOME/.fonts"

   - My Arno Pro fonts are located in my home, in the directory ~/.fonts :

tree ~/.fonts/"Arno Pro"
/home/freeman/.fonts/Arno Pro
|-- Caption
|   |-- ArnoPro-BoldCaption.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-BoldItalicCaption.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-Caption.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-ItalicCaption.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-SmbdCaption.otf
|   `-- ArnoPro-SmbdItalicCaption.otf
|-- Display
|   |-- ArnoPro-BoldDisplay.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-BoldItalicDisplay.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-Display.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-ItalicDisplay.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-LightDisplay.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-LightItalicDisplay.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-SmbdDisplay.otf
|   `-- ArnoPro-SmbdItalicDisplay.otf
|-- Subhead
|   |-- ArnoPro-BoldItalicSubhead.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-BoldSubhead.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-ItalicSubhead.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-SmbdItalicSubhead.otf
|   |-- ArnoPro-SmbdSubhead.otf
|   `-- ArnoPro-Subhead.otf
`-- Text
    |-- ArnoPro-Bold.otf
    |-- ArnoPro-BoldItalic.otf
    |-- ArnoPro-BoldItalicSmText.otf
    |-- ArnoPro-BoldSmText.otf
    |-- ArnoPro-Italic.otf
    |-- ArnoPro-ItalicSmText.otf
    |-- ArnoPro-Regular.otf
    |-- ArnoPro-SmText.otf
    |-- ArnoPro-Smbd.otf
    |-- ArnoPro-SmbdItalic.otf
    |-- ArnoPro-SmbdItalicSmText.otf
    `-- ArnoPro-SmbdSmText.otf

4 directories, 32 files

If you can help me I would appreciate it. If I missed something, I would be
pleased you show me my errors :)

Sincerely

--
Alexandre KRISPIN