[lltx] Pending luaotfload issue

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 2 14:03:22 CET 2011

Am 02.03.2011 um 11:20 schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:

> Le 02/03/2011 10:55, Khaled Hosny a écrit :
>>> And the main pending thing is "include the newest context code". 
>> ConTeXt beta require luatex 0.65.x and likely to require even higher
>> versions as development goes, so sync is unlikely to happen before
>> texlive2011 (the code we borrow might not actually be that dependant on
>> new luatex, but one need to check carefully).
> That's why Élie's suggestion of maintaining two branches (one for recent LuaTeX,
> with ConTeXt code regularly merged in, and one for whatever version of LuaTeX is
> in "stable" distros) sounds interesting. The stable branch would either include
> only bugfixes, or even be completely frozen to reduce the amount of maintainer work.

I think this idea sounds great. Many users use TLcontrib, and in unicode-math we also have code that works only on 0.65+ (this is easier to so since we don't have to keep anything in sync with ConTeXt). Font support in LuaTeX develops at a fast pace, and the yearly releases in TeX Live are too rare for me, at least.

More information about the lualatex-dev mailing list