[lltx] quietening lualatex console output

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Feb 22 00:21:57 CET 2011

On 2011-02-21 at 23:01:12 +0100, Philipp Stephani wrote:

 > [...]
 > LuaTeX should really print file names only if the user requests it,

The next step will be to issue error messages only if users request
them explicitly.

 > and even then in a readable format without parentheses etc.

It's already in a readable format.  However, I remember the ridiculous
flame wars between Pascal an C users some decades ago.  Maybe LuaTeX
should replace braces by BEGIN and END in order to make these
ignorants happy.  Urghh!

I thought that we discussed all this already.  What prevents you from
creating a format file with \everyjob{\batchmode}?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25