[lltx] fontspec problem: \letterspacefont looses small caps feature

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Apr 15 10:44:33 CEST 2011

In the following document I loose the small caps font in the first
example (with \scshape), it works fine when I load the font with low
level commands (the actual problem came up with the newest microtype
beta + \textls, I stripped it down).

\documentclass{scrreprt}
\usepackage{ifluatex}
\ifluatex
 \usepackage{fontspec}
 \setmainfont{Linux Libertine O}
\fi

\usepackage{microtype}
\begin{document}
%faulty

{\scshape abc
 \letterspacefont\lsfont\font1000 \lsfont abc}

%okay
{\font\test={LinuxLibertineO:+smcp}\test abc
 \letterspacefont\lsfont\font1000 \lsfont abc}

%okay
{\itshape abc
 \letterspacefont\lsfont\font1000 \lsfont abc}

\end{document}

--
Ulrike Fischer