[lltx] debugging when luaotfload can't find fonts

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 19:08:09 CEST 2010

On 27/09/2010, at 1:44 AM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> That is a PDF backend error, it means the path luaotfload had passed to
> luatex is non-existent. Possible causes are: the font have been moved
> and the font database is outdated (unlikely, because I check if the font
> exists on the disk before passing to luatex), or the font have been
> moved after being cached, and the cache contain reference to the old
> path (the /Users/will/Library/texlive/2010/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/fonts/otf/temp-xb-zar*.lua files).

Aha. The fonts appear to have been moved at some stage.
I had deleted the font names database in

/Users/will/Library/texlive/2010/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/names/otfl-names.lua

but when that was re-created it was still using the old temp-xb-zar*.lua files. I think these temp-*.lua files need to be kept up-to-date more aggressively.

-- Will