[lltx] Problem with slanted fonts

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 12:58:55 CEST 2010

On 20/09/2010, at 8:22 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Well I tried this redefinition and it worked fine with lualatex
> (only with lualatex! pdflatex and xelatex don't like the additional
> braces).
>
> \makeatletter
> \def\do at subst@correction{%
>       \xdef\subst at correction{%
>          \font at name
>          \global\expandafter\font
>            \csname \curr at fontshape/\f at size\endcsname
>            {\noexpand\fontname\font} %<--- braces
>           \relax}%
>       \aftergroup\subst at correction
> }
>
> So braces are probably ok.

Thanks for doing this.

What are your thoughts on the preferable approach?

If we strip spaces beforehand then we know that we won't fall foul of any related problems with \fontname; if we patch the NFSS then the approach will be robust for other people's code that also falls foul of the same problem.

Guess we could even do both :)

-- Will