[lltx] unicode-math breakage with newest TL '10 update

ulrik.vieth at arcor.de ulrik.vieth at arcor.de
Tue Sep 14 22:15:22 CEST 2010

I've traced it with logging all and it seems to be an expansion
or catcode problem:

It happens during the processing of \um_input_math_symbol_table
for \g_um_mathtable_tl ...n {"0220F}{\prod }{\mathop }

It ends up trying to do a \global \def ∏, which would only work
if  ∏ is an active character or if ∏ were an unexpanded \prod.

Really messy stuff to debug.
Regards, Ulrik

! Missing control sequence inserted.
<inserted text>
                \inaccessible
<to be read again>
                   &#8719;
<argument> \group_end: {\global \def &#8719;
                                        {\csname \cs_to_str:N \prod _sym\end...

\um_set_big_operator:nnn ...r:N #2_sym\endcsname }
                                                  \group_end: \um_set_mathch...

\g_um_mathtable_tl ...n {"0220F}{\prod }{\mathop }
                                                  \_um_sym:nnn {"02210}{\cop...

\\setmathfont ...lt }\um_input_math_symbol_table:
                                                  \um_remap_symbols: \um_set...