[lltx] luaotfload suggsetion: font catalogue

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Nov 8 18:32:51 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 06:23:06PM +0100, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While writing lualatex-doc, I realised there is no single easy way for users to
> the list of fonts available to LuaLaTeX. However, luaotfload has a nice font
> name database.
>
> I wonder if it would be easy to create a command-line tool for querying this
> database. Also, is there a way to create a pdf with a sample of every font
> family available?

It would be a bit tricky if you want to group fonts in families, since
the current names database have every single face in its own entry
with no connection to other faces in the family. You may end up creating
a parallel table (iterating through the whole database and grouping
faces in the same family together), then using that to generate whatever
output you want. May be one day we will provide a tool to query the font
database, but the current font names handling code is a bit messy and
might need to be cleaned up first.