[lltx] announcing lualatex-doc

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Mon Nov 8 17:16:42 CET 2010

Am 08.11.2010 03:40, schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:

> I'd like to announce that I commited a tentative guide to the current state of
> LuaLaTeX. From the readme:
>
  > [...]
>
>> Feedback and suggestions for improvement are most welcome.
>
> The document is on its way to CTAN, hence your favourite (La)TeX distribution.
> The impatients can also find it at http://tug.org/~mpg/lualatex-doc.pdf

That document is really helpful.  Thank you!

Some suggestions:

* Add a warning/note that different line (and page) breaks are to be
    expected in comparison to pdfLaTeX, because LuaTeX has some modified
    algorithms, different font formats might have different metrics,
    LuaTeX doesn't necessarily uses the same hyphenation patterns than
    pdfTeX, ...

* What about language support (babel/polyglossia)?

* Given that lualatex is the name of a binary and the document doesn't
   really focus on that binary, i.e., it doesn't contain the
   command-line description of lualatex, I suggest renaming the document.
   What comes to mind is 'latex-luatex,' but just replacing 'doc' by
   'guide' or 'intro' might suffice as well.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig