[lltx] bleeding edge makefile

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sun May 30 17:40:06 CEST 2010

Le 30/05/2010 12:04, Will Robertson a écrit :
> I hate updating packages by hand.

Me too :-)

> $(PKG):
> 	cd ../$@; git pull && make install TEXMFROOT=~/Library/texmf/

You may want to run

find ~/Library/texmf -type d -name $@ -exec rm {} +

(assuming a GNU find) first (that is, remove the old version before installing
the new one, in case files were deleted or renamed).

FWIW, here is the set of zsh functions I'm using for managing my texmfhome and
especially lltx packages:

rmtexmfhome() {
    local texmfhome=$(kpsewhich --var-value TEXMFHOME)
    for pack in $@; do
        find $texmfhome -type d -name $pack -exec rm -r {} +
    done
}
lltxupdate() {
    local sources=~/tex/packages
    local texmfhome=$(kpsewhich --var-value TEXMFHOME)
    for pack in $@; do
        find $texmfhome -type d -name $pack -exec rm -r {} +
        (cd $sources/$pack && make install TEXMFROOT=$texmfhome)
    done
}
lstexmfhome() {
    for dir in ~/texmf/tex/*/*; do
        echo ${dir##*/}
    done
}

The last one lists the packages installed in texmfhome, so I can easily know if
I'm using the system version or a locally installed version of something.

Manuel.