[lltx] Fwd: [MacTeX] fontspec for LuaTeX

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun May 30 16:25:01 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 04:12:24PM +0200, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> Le 30/05/2010 16:02, Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> > I think we should no longer ask people to run mkluatexfontdb
> > script, luaotfload will take care of generating database.
>
> Ok, good to know.
>
> > Also, AFAIC, the script is the supposed to run from the same directory
> > where luaotfload and alt_getopt reside, anything else is not tested.
> >
> This restriction obviously needs to be removed for production use. I think it
> should work now, with the new lua search path in TL (so, with tomorrow's update
> of tlpretest).

It was not intented as a restriction, but it is the only case I test and
is known to work, others are free to test other use cases and fix what
is broken.

> > No real multiuser support either, there is a --sys option but it does
> > not work as advertised (i.e. it will index fonts that only accessible to
> > the user running it), and I don't personally support it either.
> >
> So, maybe it's preferable to remove the option (and the corresponding items in
> TL: postaction, tlmgr button...) and update the doc.
>
> I think, however, that it's worth keeping the mkluatexfontdb executable in the
> bin dir, so that the user can run it with options (eg, -v for debugging). Wdyt?

It is up to Elie to decide, I never likes the --sys version, but he
seems to have a good reason for it (--destdir=/path/to/systexmfvar
should have the same effect, but at least don't give the illusion we are
multiuser.)

> > That is my fault, I should have run it before uploading to CTAN.
> >
> I added a "check" target in the Makefile and made "ctan" depend on it (a good
> habit for every package, if you want my opinion), so as to avoid future similar
> problems.

It is a bit slow, but it is fine, it would makes such mistakes hard.