[lltx] Fwd: [MacTeX] fontspec for LuaTeX

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun May 30 16:16:33 CEST 2010

On 30/05/2010, at 11:42 PM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> Le 30/05/2010 16:02, Khaled Hosny a écrit :
>> I think we should no longer ask people to run mkluatexfontdb
>> script, luaotfload will take care of generating database.
>
> Ok, good to know.

Wait, so just to be clear: mkluatexfontdb no longer uses fontconfig?
It just uses fontconfig information to know where to search?

And this means that it can still be run automatically even with restricted shell escape?

I didn't realise this had been implemented already. I'm going to have to update some documentation.

> So, maybe it's preferable to remove the option (and the corresponding items in
> TL: postaction, tlmgr button...) and update the doc.
>
> I think, however, that it's worth keeping the mkluatexfontdb executable in the
> bin dir, so that the user can run it with options (eg, -v for debugging). Wdyt?

Strongly agree on both counts.

>> That is my fault, I should have run it before uploading to CTAN.
>>
> I added a "check" target in the Makefile and made "ctan" depend on it (a good
> habit for every package, if you want my opinion), so as to avoid future similar
> problems.

Thanks :)

-- Will