[lltx] Fwd: [MacTeX] fontspec for LuaTeX

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sun May 30 15:19:42 CEST 2010

Le 30/05/2010 14:01, Will Robertson a écrit :
>> - First problem: there is no mkluatexfontdb symlink in
>> /usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/x86_64-darwin, only in
>> /usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/universal-darwin. I had to switch from
>> TeXLive-2010-64 to TeXLive-2010 in the TeX Dist system pref panel for
>> mkluatexfontdb to be found.

I don't understand. There is a symlink in x86_64-darwin in TL's SVN.

>> - Second, more serious problem:
>>
>> 	theo9mc182:~ bvoisin$ mkluatexfontdb --help
>> 	/usr/texbin/mkluatexfontdb:14: module 'alt_getopt' not found:
>> 		no field package.preload['alt_getopt']
>> 		[kpse lua searcher] file not found: 'alt_getopt'
>> 	[kpse C searcher] file not found: 'alt_getopt'

I'll investigate, but the symlink in bin is *not* the correct general solution.

>> - The same problem as with updmap vs updmap-sys remains, apparently, but
>> it's even worse: if you want to make fonts known to LuaLaTeX system-wise, I
>> thought you'd run
>>
>> sudo -H mklualatexfontdb
>>
>> But in this case (I tried) the font database is created in
>> /var/root/.texlive2010/texmf-var, which won't be used unless you're logged
>> in as root I imagine. Shouldn't /usr/texlive/2010/texmf-var be used
>> instead?

The --sys option is supposed to do that. This is the correct behaviour (as
opposed to detecting the uid or anything), since the TL tree may not be
maintained by root, so the script cannot guess if you want it to operate
system-wide or not, so you have to request it explicitly.

>> With that in mind, I think there should be two versions of mkluatexfontdb:
>> one, the current one, using $TEXMFVAR for output, and the other,
>> mkluatexfontdb-sys, using $TEXMFSYSVAR so that the LuaTeX font database can
>> be created system-wise, not account-by-account.

Again, the --sys option does that. But I'll install a symlink mkluatexfontdb-sys
too, for consistency (it should have been install with mkluatexfontdb, but I
forgot).

Manuel.