[lltx] Fwd: [tex-live] fontspec for LuaTeX

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Sun May 30 06:11:43 CEST 2010

Hi Will,

> By simply commenting out the line:
>
> -- path = kpse.readable_file(path)
>
> mkluatexfontdb -vvv --database-dir=destdir
> ran (it needed long time, since I have large otf fonts).
> But destdir/otfl-names.lua
> is empty! (the file exists but it is empty).

I have tried by reducing the number of search directory.
Then the database destdir/otfl-names.lua was successfully
created (463 fonts are written in the database):
... ...
luaotfload | 463 fonts in the database
luaotfload | saved font names database in c:/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/luatex/luaotfload/names/otfl-names.lua

If I search all directories, mkluatexfontdb exits silently
after parsing all fonts, without the above message,
and the database is empty.

Is there any restriction on the total number of fonts?

Thanks,
Akira