[lltx] Fwd: [tex-live] fontspec for LuaTeX

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun May 30 04:23:57 CEST 2010

Hi Elie, etc.,

I assume you're monitoring the tex-live list, but just in case not, see below.

I'm not exactly sure where the check for this should go.

Would it be enough to replace

        path = kpse.readable_file(path)

by
        path = kpse.readable_file(path) or ""

?

(I'm afraid I can't test this code path since I don't have a windows box.)

Cheers,
Will

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Akira Kakuto" <kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp>
> Date: 30 May 2010 10:49:07 AM ACST
> To: Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com>
> Cc: List MacTeX <mactex at tug.org>, TeX Live <tex-live at tug.org>
> Subject: Re: [tex-live] fontspec for LuaTeX
>
> Hi Will,
>
>> Any testing you could perform would be greatly appreciated,
>> especially running the mkluatexfontdb script in the luaotfload
>> package and then attempting to access system fonts in LuaLaTeX
>> with fontspec.
>
> In my test on windows, mkluatexfontdb failed at
>
> otfl-font-nms.lua:487: attempt to index local 'path' (a nil value)
>
> line 486 is
>        path = kpse.readable_file(path)
>
> Note that kpse.readable_file(path) returns a nil value if
> path is a directory. In my case the path was a directory
> "destdir" for the command line:
>
> mkluatexfontdb --database-dir=destdir
>
> Thanks,
> Akira